P Visa: Frequently Asked Questions

Many folks who are thinking about looking into living in the United States for work could be thinking about applying for a P visa, a type of work visa granted to foreign workers in certain circumstances that allow them to come and work in the United States for a set period of time. Like some visa criteria, many folks might find P visa eligibility and requirements unclear.

In order to clear up some of the confusion, you can check out some of the questions commonly asked by folks looking to get a P visa of their own, so that they can be more confident when applying for the visa and making sure it is the right work visa for them to be considering.

What exactly is the “P” type of visa?

The P visa is given out to athletic teams, entertainment companies, and specific athletes who meet certain conditions to work in the United States of America as long as they have an employment offer from an American employer.

Companies or individuals receiving this visa may also have their employees or support personnel granted the same visa if they are essential to the work of the athlete or company.

Can a P visa holder get a green card?

A holder of a P visa can certainly apply for a green card, which, if granted, would permit them to reside and work in the US on a permanent basis.

P visa lawyer in Edmonton, Alberta

Am I allowed to extend my P visa?

Extensions to P visas can be applied for with the USCIS, and then the applicant should also apply with the US Consulate in their home country.

Hopefully, you have gained some insight into P visas and how they work with some of these questions and answers. If your question wasn’t answered or you would like to learn more about how you can apply for a P visa of your own, consult with a P visa lawyer in Edmonton, Alberta so you can get all of the answers you’re looking for.